Monday, March 30, 2009

In the pipeline...

dh (bizarrely) had muesli and yoghurt for dessert last night, and Princess discovered she loves it!

I don't know how long I have tried to get her to try it...it's homemade, and very delicious. So, now I will work out a way to make it a bit more healthy (soaked grains).

I made it with organic rolled oats, banana chips, organic raisins, organic dried apricots, dried mango, dried pineapple, dried apple...toasted (slightly) with butter, and probably brown sugar- though I'm sure that is not necessary with sweet yoghurt and so much fruit it was magic.

I made yoghurt yesterday with raw milk, and a spoonful of plain greek-style yoghurt. I mixed it with strawberry conserve for Princess, but she said it was gross- tastes lie milk. I didn't really want to try it, but did, and it's really nice! Next time, I might just put it on her muesli, because the nasty yoghurt is now all gone anyway.

We're using up bits and pieces of things we don't plan to eat any more...and giving away some more.

I am going to cook the boiling chicken today and see what that is like. I am also going to make some ice cream without sugar...not sure if dh will be keen, but we'll see. Also not sure if I want to use stevia (so nasty!) or maybe try honey...oh, i think xylitol will probably work. Also, raw milk, raw cream and free range eggs straight from the farm...bliss.

I also want to get started on making sourdough soon...first of all I need to get the chlorine out of the tap water...

I've ordered Nourishing Traditions so I can read more about soaking grains, and have recipes for such.

I'm also looking in to buying Tooth Mousse to try to remineralise Princess' (and J-Man's) teeth. I'm sure I've looked at he ingredients before and am not happy with them, but I think it's necessary now.

I'm also going to make my own sugar-free tomato sauce...for those that like it. I prefer chips without sauce, just with salt- or maybe some vinegar :0)

3 comments:

  1. You don't like stevia?! I love it in my tea.

    Nourishing Traditions is a great book! So is Eat Fat, Lose Fat by the same people. Have you checked out westonaprice.org?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we lived in town I always kept water in jugs in the fridge because I hated the taste of chlorine, and if left to sit at least overnight, the taste seemed to go. So I don't know but maybe the chlorine evaporates? Or at least some of it? Sourdough is something I've been meaning to try too, so I'll be interested in how it goes for you - or maybe I'll get round to it myself. Not before our holiday though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find Stevia nasty...but I need to try it for longer than a week to try to adjust.

    I have checked out Weston A Price, but need more understanding there...the book will help.

    I never knew that about chlorine...I'm so glad to have discovered it! I've left some water out, but we're off out today- so will try to make sourdough, or at least the first stage tomorrow...very exciting!

    I *love* sourdough :0)

    Plus, what a saving to not have to buy yeast!

    ReplyDelete