Friday, March 20, 2009

Day Four- Friday



We've made it to Day 4 without going back to the shop! Well, technically we went last night, but I only spent my own money buying treats for the kids.

Breakfast: *cough* Chocolate...well, did you see how many posts I did yesterday?
Lunch: Salad for J-Man, Tomato sandwiches for Princess (she loved them),
leftovers on toast for Tombliboo and I (he didn't touch his).
Dinner: Red Thai Chicken Curry on rice

Dinner was fabulous. DH commented that he had a lot of rice, but he got more after that lot. He said later though that he felt bloated, and had eaten far too much rice. The trouble was- the dinner was delicious! He didn't even complain about the mungbeans.

I cooked (lots of) onions in oil, then added chopped carrots, brocolli (about half the one we bought) and whole baby beans (thawed). I added some brown sugar and a 1/3 (little) jar of red curry paste (I don't normally buy that stuff, but they were selling 2 for $4, or not much more than the price of one, a while ago at our supermarket), and 2 cans of coconut cream. I added the rest of my bag of mung beans and the leftover uncooked chicken from the other night (about 100g). The chicken was because the last time I made this vegetarian everyone complained, it was a bit boring, but I still liked it. After a while I realised it was a bit light, so threw in a whole lot of sliced cabbage.

It really was delicious. A bit spicy, not that the kids knew seeing as they wouldn't touch it. (The first time I made one of these curries they loved it, but never have since). J-Man had rice, salad and a few bits of chicken (which he said tasted "Amazing!"). Princess ate rice and a few bits of chicken. Tombliboo didn't eat much at all, since he had fallen asleep late in the day, and just wasn't bothered with food when he woke up.

We also made cupcakes- we seem to be baking every day, and it's all getting eaten. I made pink icing, by using the juice from raspberries, and added a bit of natural-coloured lolly on to each one.

Tombliboo likes to hold the beater, and Princess likes to put the patty tins in, and measure stuff. Tombliboo also likes to crack the eggs, which can be a teensy bit disastrous, but wasn't this time :0)



Here's a recipe you might like from Fed Up by Sue Dengate

We made it often when we did her elimination diet 4 years ago. The kids loved it then, hate it now, but dh still likes it. Also, I have been making it with xylitol rather than sugar which could be the difference- or the kids are so used to drinking water now, they don't see a need fora sweet drink.

MAGIC CORDIAL

1/2C Sugar
1/C Water
1/2t Citric Acid

Dissolve the citric acid and sugar in hot water, add more cold water to taste.

Once again this is a case of me thinking the kids are missing out, when they don't think so at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment