Saturday, March 28, 2009

New Shopping List

$7 Bacon or Baking Supplies (this is mainly to add to Princess' lunch)
$7 Non-MSG corn chips and carob (dh to pick up from a different shop)
$25 Farm...3L milk, 1L cream (produce the next), 12 free range eggs, an
organic Boiling chicken, produce ($9 or $4 when having cream)
$5 Lunch meat for Saturday...a special request from dh
$43 Fruit and vege
$27 Meat...steak (2, one for a casserole), mince (2), boneless chicken breasts
$1 Ham Steak
$8 Cheese
$5 Sour Cream/Cream Cheese/Other cheese
$5 Canned Beans (hopefully these will make meals more filling)
$5 Canned tomatoes (also want to make my own sugar-free sauce)
$8 Cleaning/Personal Care
$3 Butter (this is a bit light, since it's normally $5, but has been on special
the last 2 weeks)
$6 Cruskits (2) This is Princess' special request. They are made with corn
(probably gm...wail) and sea salt
$3 One lot of Pasta, preferably wholemeal...just so we don't completely cut it yet
Will Probably need dh to pick that up too, since there is none at our local shop
$2 Herb/Spice
$2 Tomato Paste
$4 Honey/Marmite/P. Butter
$4 Weetbix/Rolled Oats (no more cornflakes or rice bubbles)
$3 Coconut Cream (2) or Mayonnaise (will probably attempt my own)
$3 Baking Soda
$3 Potato Chips (2)
$10 Frozen berries and vegetables
$7 Olive Oil or Stationery
$4 Nuts
____
$200

Now we'll see if I can make a menu plan for 3 meals (plus snacks) a day for 5 people with that...how exciting.

Maybe my problem is not sticking to stuff, rather it is making ordinary stuff more exciting...oh dear.

3 comments:

  1. Can you get dried beans? They are a huge cost savings, but involve some processing. It's best if you sprout the beans first (I can help you if you don't know how to do this.), then cook them. I then put mine in pint size canning jars and freeze them. That way I have a "can" of beans available whenever I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Dried beans are a much better option...do you sprout them by putting them in water overnight? That's what I do with my chickpeas. I think I need to do an online shop- my local has a small selection, and no dried beans.

    ReplyDelete