Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday, Week 2



Breakfast: Porridge with brown sugar (and cream...mmmm...cream)
Lunch: Sandwiches...salad for J-Man, tomato sammies for Princess, salad and
cambozola sammies for me, jam sammies for Tombliboo- which he licked the
jam off, and the rest went to the birds).
Dinner: BBQ Chicken kebabs, rice and green salad (with tomato, cucumber, carrot,
and feta (with homemade balsamic viniagrette)
Snacks: Choc chip cookies, pears, bananas, apples, cucumber, ice cream and sorbet

I'm getting a bit bored with this...lol...I'm hopeless at sticking with anything beyond a week. I'm thinking the other big concern about this eating plan is the consumption of sugar (as well as wheat). I'm also thinking I should be baking our bread. We're not really eating any, and I would like to cut those plastic bags..but not sure if I will keep it up- since (as I said) I'm not much good at sticking at things. I'm planning to have burgers (homeburgers) on Saturday night, but if we are out all day and then I have to bake bread rolls, it just won;t be fun.

OK, it's probably time to recognise it's nearly that time of the month- so everything gets so much harder for a bit. Deep breath.

We used some of the bus money we haven't spent on more groceries...boo hiss, I stuffed it...but not really. I bought honey, because i plan to use more in baking, and in place of sugar. I bought more lettuce, because I really didn't think we had enough left to last until Tuesday. We bought more apples because they looked so nice. We bought chips and wheatmeal bread for J-Man because I forgot them on Tuesday. We bought chocolate because it felt essential...sigh.

The chicken kebabs were yummy. I marinated them in soy sauce, tomato sauce, chilli sauce, a bit of sugar and 2 cloves of garlic. The kids loved them- they wanted more, but there wasn't any. I had set aside some chicken for another meal, there were 3 for dh, 2 for his lunch tomorrow, 2 for me and 1 each for the kiddos.

If I do them again (And I probably will- just on a day I already have a spare lunch for dh organised so the big kids can have 2 each)...I won;t tip out the marinade, but will boil it instead to pour over the rice...or maybe just make a satay or lemon sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment