Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday, week 2



Breakfast: Porridge with brown sugar (soon to be honey or fruit..and cream!),
Spaghetti for J-Man
Lunch: Spaghetti cheese and onion on toast for dh and Princess, salad for J-Man,
Curried egg sandwiches for me, and boiled eggs for Tombliboo (plus cookies
and fruit)
Dinner: Homemade Burgers- oh, these are good. I normally cut Tombliboo's bun
really small for him, but didn't tonight and boy did he think it was
funny! "Look Dad! Look my burger! Dat bunny! See dat Daddy? Dat a
BIG one!"
Snacks: Homemade choc-chip cookies, banans, cucumber, carrot, tomato (Tombliboo
eats whole tomatoes), cheese

I planned to bake burger buns today, but realised the house was a tip and I can buy them for $2 at the shop...eeek...I told you I was hopeless at sticking to anything.

But seriously, there was no room on the bench to make anything. I had to do the dishes in two sittings. I swept and mopped the filthy floor, tidied the table so we could actually eat there, did lots of washing, tidied the whole (hideously messy) lounge, and vacuumed it as well. I also went to the shops once to buy a container for cream, and to the library another time to quickly swap our books on tape before it closed.

Also, I had been up-and-doing from 5:30am (awake since 4:15am), so I was a bit jaded.

It was $2 well spent imo...but what to do when we are not eating refined grains? I think it will be a long way off, needs to be a bit of a journey...making changes slowly (not too slowly) so they stick. I think we can get some nice wholemeal (cape seed) bread rolls at a specialty bakery.

Or maybe I'll be more organised and make my own healthy ones...or maybe we will just have the burger middle, and no buns...we shall see, lol.

1 comment:

  1. You are making so many changes! It's great that you allow yourself to buy buns or the like. Sometimes we just have to cut corners, even if it's just a tiny bit.

    ReplyDelete