Thursday, March 19, 2009

Menu Plans



I've never been one for menu plans, though I could see how they might be useful.

But I've started, and they are useful! I don't have to think in the morning what we will eat- it's already written down :0)

The best bit of it is having it done before the shopping expedition. There is no point deciding to only buy three packages of meat, if you can't see how you will make 7 dinners.

I've pinned mine up by the stove...I've also added ideas for snacks (it's not overly descriptive), because that is important for our family with kids home all day. I also like having an idea of what to have for lunch, because too often I can't think of anything.

I have a second menu on the back...I don;t feel compelled to follow it at all costs- if someone fancies something different, or I don;t feel like cooking the suggested meal- there's no big deal, there is flexibility there...but it is helpful, I reckon.

3 comments:

  1. Well, I found it by googling! You have reminded me - I need to do this again. I had one going for ages, but then people left home and it needed adjusting for the likes and dislikes of those of us left behind, and I haven't gotten round to it. But it really does make life easier, and cheaper, to have things planned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first week I stuck to it exactly..this week has been more all over the place, but mostly just in jiggling around what we will have on each particular day. I love looking in the morning and seeing what's for dinner, lol...then I know what to get out of the freezer, and what might need some extra time to prepare.

    I also need to change it since Fried Rice is for lunch today and that was a big disaster last week. Chips today- that will please the tinies :0)

    ReplyDelete