Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day Two- Wednesday

Breakfast: Porridge
Lunch: Oops...messed it up already- bought lunch at the bakery when we were out- but only spent $5.50- took it out of my own allowance though.
v Snacks: apples, watermelon, honey bubble crunch, potato chips, celery, bananas, honey bubble crunch
Dinner: Macaroni cheese...this is always a giant favourite here, and the only meal my children have ever asked for "seconds" with. (Used half a ham steak, so the other half can be used another day).

Honey Bubble Crunch

I used to make this with sugar, honey, butter, vanilla, and rice bubbles- but this week, made it without sugar. It's still perfect :0)

About 125g Butter (really just use how much you like...I was only guessing, and didn't pay too much attention)

1/4 C (or less) Honey
1t Vanilla Essence (I have a big bottle of homemade stuff form a friend)
4C Rice Bubbles

Boil honey and butter for a few minutes...watch it carefully because it only take a second to burn. I think it tastes nicest if you boil it until just before it burns. I thought I had burned this lot, but it was perfect.

Add vanilla and rice bubbles, mix up (add more bubbles if you need to), and press in to a greased tin. Refrigerate until hard.

So easy and so yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment