Friday, April 3, 2009

More tWeAKinG...

This week I've discovered, well it's not entirely new to me, but this week I know for sure, my children prefer plain. That is, they like meat, spuds and three vege (well, not J-Man)...but generally speaking, if the meat is plain it will be eaten, if it's not- it won't be...or it won't be eaten by the children.

So the next plan is to buy more meat. The meat I buy is such a small amount fora family of 5 that I make it go further by adding sauces and so on- I think I'll try just buying more meat, also in the hope that there will be leftover met for lunch the next day- particularly for Princess who seems to need it.

Or at least, it is something she loves to eat, and won't hurt her teeth...so best to have it in larger amounts. I'm a bit conflicted about that, and not sure how long the *next* new regime will last, but there it is...

Next thing...dh came home last night with the news that his job will not exist in around 5 weeks. My first thought was that it wasn't so bad since we plan to move soon anyway...but realistically we are not ready to go even a week wihtout a job. The savings we do have are for a small, cheap car, and the holiday pay he will be owed was air-marked for our movers (we are moving 3.5 hrs away).

Obviously all the money-saving ideas in the world won't come up with rent for us or enough to buy groceries, so we need a job...asap.

dh never as much trouble getting a job, but getting one for 5-9 weeks is something different. He will look at possibly getting a contract. I could work at the local shops, but again- who would hire someone just for a few weeks (when it's not Christmas, lol)?

I am welcome back at my old job any time, but with an hour and 15 minute drive each way (best case scenario) it really isn't worth considering.

The best idea I can come up with at the moment, is that dh moves up north after his job winds up, gets a job there, and we come when the house is done.

That of course isn't very good family-wise, or even a guarantee that there will be a job for him in the little town we are moving to...but it seems the best solution to me (less than 24 hours after the news).

We'll just keep thinking of plans, and get more info on the final details about the last day of work at a meeting next Thursday. Right now the aim is to not spend anything if we can help it...and yet, there are things we *could* buy immediately that all seem very valid, so we're not sure how that will go :0)

1 comment:

  1. Try to stay positive. I really believe that is half the battle (if not more), We have gone through some very challenging times, including job loss. We always find a way and I know you will, too. Sending positive energy your way!!!

    ReplyDelete