Sunday, April 5, 2009

It worked!

Oh my goodness...the sourdough worked!

It tasted yummy... I had been warned the kiddos might not enjoy it for some time- but Princess liked it right away (with butter and strawberry jam,sweetened with concentrated fruit juice).

I am like the sourdough queen...going to pinch the title of Karen before I know it.

I've got one half-eaten delicious loaf there, and another one ready to bake in the morning, and my starter just needs to get bubbly and then I can get that ready tomorrow as well.

I can;t quite believe how easy it is...I was sure mine wouldn't work first time, but it did!

So I don't need to buy yeast any more...how cool is that? (Actually, nearly every jar of yeast I've ever bought, I've needed to tip out before I finished it all).

J-Man hasn't tried it yet, dh enjoyed it- though is still bewildered by all the changes around here.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool!!! Congratulations! I don't know if I missed it, but did you say if you used the Nourishing Traditions recipe or a different one? Can you post the recipe you followed? Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your success!!!! That is awesome!

    I would love for you to post the recipe that you used. I've always loved sour dough bread but never made it, though I do make all of our bread. Now I'm craving sourdough. :)

    ReplyDelete