Saturday, February 13, 2010

Feb 11 2010

This week I planned to only spend $80, since I wanted to keep $20 back to buy more fruit in the weekend, and some organic meat if my friend was visiting the organic butcher.

I came home with 20c to spare, and this selection of groceries...

Large head of brocolli
Large Lettuce
2 avocados
2kg carrots
1kg courgettes
4 onions
1 bulb of garlic
large Telegraph cucumber
2kg pears
2kg red gala (new season) apples
1kg Nectarines
1kg Apricots
1kg Plums
5 bananas
10 mushrooms
2 loaves of bread
12 free range eggs
2L organic milk
Udon Noodles
Coconut Cream
Earth Care toilet paper
toothpaste
potato chips
3 tins spaghetti
1 tin sweetcorn
Jar of mayonnaise
250g choc chips
500ml olive oil
macaroni elbows

I spent the extra $20 going to the movies when I got an unexpected break from the children. I probably shouldn't have, but since it is a rare event and I don't know when the next one might come- I'm glad I did :0)

1 comment:

  1. So good to read you again, Shell!! Good for you for taking time to treat yourself. I have a hard time, but I'm learning that it helps me to be a better mother.

    ReplyDelete